In the fall of 2017, FHSD began the process of creating the District's five-year strategic plan. Students, staff, parents and the larger FHSD community all had the opportunity to provide feedback and be an important part of the process. The planning examined the District’s Mission, Vision, and Values, helped identify long-range goals, and created critical strategy action plans. The process was divided into three basic steps:
- Where are we now? Reviewing the District’s current reality.
- Where are we going? Establish consensus about the desired direction of our District.
- How will we get there? Setting strategic goals, and determining a plan of action.
The District’s strategic plan serves as a guide to help achieve the District’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
Empowering students today so they are prepared for the future requires the District to:
- Maintain high expectations so students continuously grow and experience success as they prepare themselves for college and career.
- Equip students with necessary life skills including collaboration, communication, critical thinking, creativity, citizenship, and character.
- Provide authentic and engaging real-world learning experiences in a technology rich, flexible, and inclusive environment.
- Prepare students to take responsibility for their learning.
- Develop collaborative, resourceful partnerships where families and our community unite to be responsible for sustaining high quality schools.
Many strategic planning committees elected to pause work as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and limited financial resources. Meeting dates and additional information will be posted when committees reconvene.
|Engagement, Collaboration, and Partnerships|
|Trust, Respect, and Inclusiveness|
|Customer Service and Satisfaction|
|Accountability and Transparency|
Empowering students to be lifelong learners prepared for the future.