- Enroll A New Student (Grades 1-12)
- Preschool Enrollment
- Kindergarten Registration
- Before-and-After School Care Enrollment (Vacation Station)
These instructions apply to new students grades 1-12 who plan to attend the Francis Howell School District. If you wish to enroll a student in preschool or Kindergarten, please follow the specific enrollment instructions under the appropriate heading on this page.
- Complete the District’s online enrollment process. It is very important to note your application number so the school can reference your information.
- Find your school with the school boundary locator tool. (hyperlink to the page)
- After completing the online enrollment process, contact your school to schedule an enrollment meeting.
Preschool enrollment is offered in tiers, with an early registration window opening around the end of January / early February for currently-enrolled families, FHSD employees and eligible waiting list families. Soon after, new FHSD families who reside within District boundaries are eligible to enroll. Finally, families outside of the Francis Howell community can enroll in late February / early March if space is still available. Community members can sign up for the District Digest to be notified when registration opens.
FHSD employees and families currently enrolled in preschool programming: Look for an email from the District in early January with your specific enrollment instructions.
All other community members should follow these steps to enroll in preschool when the registration window opens in late January/early February.
1. Complete the District’s Online Registration Application, also known as OLR.
- To prevent errors, please do not use a mobile device to complete this enrollment.
- Make note of your confirmation number to include with your preschool register in Procare (Step #2).
- OLR is a 2-step process. Look for a follow-up email requesting you complete enrollment.
- OLR must be completed for each child you wish to enroll in preschool. If enrolling more than one child, do not submit the enrollment application until all children are entered.
2. When the community enrollment window opens, complete the preschool registration through Procare. Click on a location below to register. (Please note: the date/time you complete the Procare registration will determine your preschool slot.)
Registration for Becky-David
Our Off to Kindergarten (O2K) classroom and Multi-Age classroom are currently full. To be placed on a waiting list please send an email to our administrative assistant Lora Carroll with your name, your child’s name, and your child’s birthday. If a spot becomes available, you will be contacted.
Registration for John Weldon
Our Off to Kindergarten (O2K) classroom is currently full. To be placed on a waiting list please send an email to our administrative assistant Susan Hoffman with your name, your child’s name, and child’s birthday. If a spot becomes available, you will be contacted.
3. Complete the following forms for each child you wish to enroll:
4. Return all forms listed above to your preschool location. Scan and email (or drop off by appointment only) a copy of your child’s birth certificate and immunization record.
5. Pay the activity fee/supply fee via your MyProcare account as it is posted. Final confirmation of enrollment is contingent upon fees being paid.
Please note that all enrollments are contingent upon space available.
FHSD offers full-day Kindergarten for children age 5 and older by July 31. The Kindergarten registration process requires proof of residency, student immunization records, student birth certificate or other document to verify birthdate and parent/guardian ID. For more information, review the Enrollment Checklist.
- Complete the District’s online registration application. It is very important to note your application number so the school can reference your information.
- Find your school with the school boundary locator tool.
- Contact your child’s school for further instructions to complete enrollment. Each building has their own procedures for the next steps before enrollment is complete.
- Schedule your child’s DIAL Developmental Screening. To make an appointment, please sign up through the registration form. For more information, visit the Developmental Screening page.
- Stay tuned for updates from your child’s school regarding the Kindergarten Summer Success program. Please note: Parents/guardians must have completed the District’s initial online registration application for your child and submitted all necessary documents to attend the program. Register for the Kindergarten Summer Success Program here.
Each summer, parents/guardians of returning FHSD students are required to complete an annual verification process known as the Online Registration Annual Verification (ORAV). Through this process, parents review, confirm and/or update their household and student information online via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. The ORAV window opens each summer, a few weeks before the start of the school year.
- Review required student health information. (hyperlink to the page)
- Log in to Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Select the “More” option from the navigation menu, then select “Online Registration.”
Important Information about ORAV:
- ORAV must be completed annually by August 15.
- Only a legal guardian living at the student’s primary address can complete verification for that student.
- You will need to log in to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal to complete ORAV. If you do not have a Parent Portal account, contact your child’s school.
- You do not have to complete the verification at one time. After each section, click Save/Continue to save your progress if you need to leave and come back later.
- Once you submit the verification, it cannot be edited. Make sure you have everything correct before clicking the submit button.
- Address changes will require proof of residency.
- Parents of incoming Kindergarteners and students new to the District do not need to complete ORAV, assuming they recently completed the initial online registration application at the time of enrollment. If you do have a new incoming student and they are not listed in your Campus Parent Portal, there is an opportunity to add new students through this ORAV process (click “Enroll a New Student” at the bottom of the Student section).
School: (636) 851-6053
School: (636) 851-4837
School: (636) 851-5810
School: (636) 851-6067
School: (636) 851-4355
School: (636) 851-4191
School: (636) 851-4924
School: (636) 851-5382
School: (636) 851-4455
School: (636) 851-5184
School: (636) 851-4485
School: (636) 851-4307
School: (636) 851-4406
School: (636) 851-4461
School: (636) 851-5509
School: (636) 851-6151
School: (636) 851-5626
School: (636) 851-5244
School: (636) 851-6248
School: (636) 851-4577
School: (636) 851-5340
All students, five to twenty-one (5-21) years of age, who reside within the boundaries of the Francis Howell School District may attend District schools tuition free. In order to “reside” within FHSD, the student must be physically domiciled within District boundaries. The domicile of a minor student is generally the domicile of the student’s parent, military guardian pursuant to a military issued guardianship, or court-appointed legal guardian. A student may only register in FHSD if the student provides proof of residency or if the student or parent/guardian requests a waiver of residency from the Board of Education on the basis of hardship or good cause. Parents, guardians and/or students will be required to sign a Proof of Residency form at the time of enrollment (Policy 2230).
Except as specifically required by law, FHSD will not accept non-resident, tuition students, with the following exceptions.
- Non-resident students whose parents are regular, full-time employees of FHSD may enroll without payment of tuition; provided, however, that such enrollment shall be based upon a space and program available basis, as determined by the Board of Education (or designee), in its judgment and at its sole discretion.
- Students to whom educational and/or related services are provided pursuant to a contract for services executed between FHSD and another school district may enroll on a space and program available basis, as determined by the Board of Education (or designee), in its judgment and at its sole discretion.
FHSD reserves the right to investigate the eligibility of any student attending school under any provision of this Policy. FHSD further reserves the right to repeal, amend, or otherwise modify this Policy at any time, as permitted by law (Policy 2240). No student shall be readmitted, permitted to enroll or otherwise allowed to attend school (except as required by law), following a suspension or expulsion from this or any other school until FHSD has conducted a conference to review the conduct that resulted in the expulsion or suspension, and any remedial actions needed to prevent any future occurrences of such or related conduct (Policy 2664).
To verify if an address is within the Francis Howell School District, please visit St. Charles County's Property Database.
The boundary maps below provide a general idea of each school’s boundary area. To verify if an address is within a specific school’s boundaries, please reference the attendance zone page.
Boundary exceptions may be granted when a student is in dire circumstances and is presented with obstacles sufficient to impair success at the school in their attendance area. (See FHSD Regulation 2510)
The procedures below are generally the same in all cases.
- The parent, guardian, or student submits a written request to the Director of Student Services using the Boundary Exception Request Form.
- The request is reviewed by the Director of Student Services. If necessary, the Director may contact the student’s parent or guardian and may verify information with appropriate school personnel.
- The case will be reviewed on its own merit to determine a) if dire circumstances exist; and b) if changing schools will significantly improve the student’s chance to succeed.
- A decision will be communicated with the student’s parent/guardian and the student’s school.
Please note that the District does not approve boundary exceptions for reasons that are not dire circumstances. This would include, but would not be limited to maintaining contact with a desired friend group, ease of transportation, proximity to the alternate school, gaining access to an elective class or program offered in a specific building, or general preference. In addition, the District does not approve boundary exceptions that are submitted for athletics or activity purposes.
Please also note that boundary exceptions are only considered for students who live within the school district’s boundaries. If a student moves outside of the District, then the student may only continue attending an FHSD school if the family pays tuition. Furthermore, under state law, if a 12th grader moves after the start of their senior year, then that student may complete their senior year in their current school so long as they continue to live in the State of Missouri.
When boundary exceptions are granted, the following will apply:
- A periodic progress review will be conducted to ensure the student’s attendance, behavior, and academic progress are acceptable to teachers, counselors, and administrators. The boundary exception may be rescinded if any of the above criteria is not acceptable.
- Transportation will be the responsibility of the family. If approved, under unique circumstances and only after gaining permission, a student may go to the nearest bus stop that serves the school they will be attending. Schools are not required to issue a parking permit to students who are on boundary exceptions.
- Boundary exceptions must be re-submitted and reapproved every year.
- Any high school student who is involved in athletics/activities and is granted a boundary exception or any inter-district transfer must meet eligibility guidelines of the Missouri State High School Activities Association bylaw 238.0 Residence and Transfer Requirements. These guidelines state that any change in schools without a corresponding change of address will result in the student being ineligible to participate in varsity athletics for 365 days from the date of enrollment in the new school. The activities directors at your present and future schools should be contacted for assistance in determining eligibility before submitting transfer requests.
For more information about Boundary Exceptions, contact Dr. Holly Broadway-Yates, Director of Student Services.
Francis Howell School District Policy 2240 allows nonresident tuition-paying students to attend District schools. The tuition rate for the 2023-2024 school year is $13,456 for the entire year and $6,728 for a semester. The annual tuition rate is collected in two equal installments. One-half (50 percent) of the annual tuition is due by August 1, with the remaining 50 percent due by December 20
Parents/guardians are required to complete and submit a nonresident student application. The application will allow for parents/guardians to designate their top three school choices, but the final decision of school placement will be made by the District, based on enrollment and District programs considerations. Two additional forms are required to complete your application: Release of School Records and Statement of Compliance with Safe Schools Act. Email completed forms to Enrollment Services or mail to:
Francis Howell School District
ATTN: Enrollment Services
801 Corporate Centre Drive
O’Fallon, MO 63368
- What information will I need to complete the Online Registration application?
- How long will the Online Registration process take to complete?
- When can I enroll my child in Preschool?
- How do I determine which school my child will attend?
- What is the cutoff date for Kindergarten registration?
- How do I make an appointment to have my child screened prior to preschool or Kindergarten?
- Who can I contact for assistance with homeless students or students in foster care?
Preschool enrollment is offered in tiers, with an early registration window for currently-enrolled families, FHSD employees and eligible waiting list families beginning the third week of January. The following week, new FHSD families who reside within District boundaries are eligible to enroll. Finally, families outside of the Francis Howell community can enroll in late February each year if space is still available. Community members can sign up for the District Digest to be notified when registration opens (typically in late January or early February).
Assignment of students to schools is based upon attendance areas established by the Board of Education. View the FHSD attendance Zone map. Students are assigned to school attendance areas based upon their home address. Final approval of all boundary changes are made by the Board of Education. If your address is near a boundary line, please call the District Office at 636-851-4000 for clarification or confirmation.
FHSD recommends that all children be screened after age three and prior to entering Kindergarten. This screening examines three areas of development: motor, concepts, and language. The children will also have an opportunity for vision and hearing screenings. There is no cost for this screening. The entire process – screening and parent conferences – takes one to one and a half hours. Visit the Developmental Screening page.
- Find My School (FHSD Attendance Zones)
- Kindergarten Ready
In the state of Missouri, children who turn five on or before July 31 are eligible for Kindergarten.
- Resources for Families
Find the answers and resources you're looking for about FHSD
- Annual Verification (ORAV)
Each year, families of currently enrolled students must verify information and confirm residency.