“You have taken an important step towards making a significant impact on the excellent educational programs offered within the Francis Howell School District. Volunteers provide enrichment opportunities that enhance the educational experience for students while supporting our teachers and staff. Thank you for your willingness to serve!” Dr. Kenneth Roumpos, Superintendent
Want to make a difference for students or staff? Register as a volunteer and learn about opportunities to share your time and talents with our schools!
- Get Certified as a District or School Volunteer
- Annual Recertification (for previously approved volunteers)
- FHSD Employees Who Wish To Volunteer
- Volunteer Responsiblities
- Tips for Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunities
Get Certified as a District or School Volunteer
Annual Recertification (for previously approved volunteers)
FHSD Employees Who Wish To Volunteer
Tips for Volunteers
Start your certification as a volunteer by completing the Volunteer Application.
Contact your child's school for information on specific volunteer opportunities.
"I signed up to be a parent volunteer at my child’s school. I love being able to help his teachers with class parties and go on field trips with him. To watch his face light up when he sees me at his school is priceless.”
– Patricia T.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What activities require volunteer status?
- What activities do not require volunteer status?
- Do I need to submit a new volunteer application for each school?
- How long does it take to receive the approval notification?
- Why does the District require fingerprinting?
- How often do I need to renew my application and fingerprints?
- I’m a substitute for the District. Do I need to complete a volunteer application?
- I was a volunteer last year. Am I still eligible?
- I am a District retiree. Am I eligible to volunteer?
- I am already on the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) from a previous employer. Do I need to register again?
- I have been fingerprinted previously. Do I need to do it again?
- Can I get ink fingerprints at my local police station?
- Does the District pay for my fingerprints or background check?
- Who will see the results of my criminal background check?
- How will I know that I have cleared the volunteer background check process?