New Retiree Benefits
Congratulations on your retirement!
You must complete the following if you wish to elect Retiree coverage with FHSD:
- Enrollment of Benefits in SmartBen
- Upload bank form through SmartBen
- Upload voided check through SmartBen
The below videos and documents will walk you through the election process:
1. Important, please review this document Retiree Overview Letter & FAQ’s. We recommend to print this letter for your to reference at a later time
2. Watch the Retiree Benefits Video.
3. Review the Retiree Insurance Booklet.
4. Review the Conversion Form and the Portability Form. Complete only if you wish to convert your Life Insurance policies. To receive cost information please contact the number listed on the forms.
5. Review How to Enroll in Benefits with SmartBen, which will walk you through electing your retiree benefits.
Print your confirmation page.
6. If you elected to cover your spouse on your MEDICAL plan please complete the Spousal Exclusion Form. This is a yearly form that you must email to the Benefits office at firstname.lastname@example.org each plan year that you cover your spouse on FHSD medical or they will be dropped from the medical coverage.
7. Review the Premium Cost Sheet, which details the cost breakdown of your benefit options.
8. Review Medicare D Notice.
9. Review the PEERS/PSRS Resources for limits associated with working after retirement.
10. Watch the video titled Uploading Documents in SmartBen.
11. Fill out the Retiree Bank Form.
12. Review the document titled How to Upload Bank Info, which will walk you through uploading a voided check and bank withdrawal form.
13. For information about subbing for Francis Howell, contact the sub office at (636) 851-4030.
14. Sign up for the Retiree Activity Group to stay in touch with other FHSD retirees.
If you still have questions after watching the videos and reviewing the documents, please contact the Benefits Office at email@example.com or call 636-851-6099.
Are you interested in substitute teaching? Visit the District Substitutes Page.
Are you interested in volunteering? Visit the District Volunteer Page.
Join the FHSD Retirees Facebook Group where you can reconnect with past coworkers and friends, plan events, and reminisce.